Diabetes, or diabetus milletus as known in the field of medicine, is a metabolic disorder in the human body. Without the hormone insulin produced by the pancreas, which is necessary for breaking down glucose, a simple sugar and the most common carbohydrate, there is sugar in the blood as it travels through the body, hence the term “high blood sugar”. Having glucose in the bloodstream is not good, as this means one has diabetes. The disease also has other symptoms such as:
- Frequent urination – This is the body’s reaction to the high blood sugar. Urination is a way of diluting glucose in the bloodstream. But since only insulin can break down the carbohydrate, and not water, the body expels excess glucose through urine.
- Increased thirst – Since the body uses more water from the kidneys to dilute carbohydrates in the blood and remove it, one may find their thirst boosted to new levels and that they need to hydrate more.
- Increased hunger – Without proper glucose processing due to the lack of insulin, the body searches for other sources of energy such as muscles and fat. When this happens, one may find him/herself more famished than usual.
- Weight loss/gain – Depending on the body’s metabolism and reaction to diabetes, one’s weight may drop since the body takes nutrients from muscles and other tissue. Or, the exact opposite may happen. Body weight will rise because of the increase in food intake.
- Greater fatigue – One may become more tired despite eating and drinking more as the body is taking nutrients from itself internally.
The Generics Pharmacy has all kinds of medicine for diabetes (type 1, type 2, and type 3) and their harmful symptoms such as Glimepride , Glibenclamide, Metaformin, and Glipizide in tablet form and sugar substitutes that promote healthy eating.