AMOXICILLIN Ritemed 500 milligrams
Generic Name: AMOXICILLIN
Brand Name: Ritemed
Dosage Strength: 500 milligrams
Dosage Form: Capsule
WHAT IS THE MEDICINE USED FOR?
For the treatment of the following infections caused by susceptible microorganisms:
- Upper and lower respiratory tract infections including ear, nose and throat infections (e.g., acute otitis media)
- Gastrointestinal tract infections
- Genitourinary tract infections
- Skin and skin structure infections
- Bone infections (e.g., osteomyelitis)
- Gall bladder / Biliary tract infections
- Helicobacter pylori infections (in combination with other drugs)
- Lyme Disease
- Dental abscess (as an adjunct to surgical management)
HOW MUCH AND HOW OFTEN SHOULD YOU USE THIS MEDICINE?
Usual Adult Dose:
250 mg to 500 mg every 8 hours or 500 mg every 12 hours, depending on the type and severity of infection.
Usual Pediatric Dose:
- Neonates and infants ≤ 3 months: 20 to 30 mg/kg body weight/day in divided doses every 12 hours
- Infants >3 months and Children <40 kg: 25 to 50 mg/kg body weight/day in divided doses every 8 hours or every 12 hours.
- Hypersensitivity to amoxicillin or any ingredient in the product
- Methotrexate: consult your doctor if you experience nausea, vomiting, mouth ulcer
(Precautions) Impaired renal function, hypersensitivity to cephalosporins
(Adverse Reactions)Urticaria, skin rashes, nausea, vomiting, diarrhea. Anemia, thrombocytopenic purpura, eosinophilia, leukopenia, agranulocytosis.
Disclaimer: The contents of this site are for information purposes only and should not be construed as a susbtitute for professional medical advice. For diagnosis, treatment and prescription, consult your physician and other healthcare providers. Carefully read all product labels and packaging prior to use.