MEFENAMIC ACID Ritemed 500 milligrams
Generic Name: MEFENAMIC ACID
Brand Name: Ritemed
Dosage Strength: 500 milligrams
Dosage Form: Film-coated Tablet
WHAT IS THE MEDICINE USED FOR?
- For symptomatic relief of mild to moderately severe pain such as headache, toothache, pain after minor surgery and tooth extraction, myalgia, dysmenorrhea, and pain associated with cancer.
- For treatment of soft tissue rheumatism, sprain/tendonitis and low back pain
HOW MUCH AND HOW OFTEN SHOULD YOU USE THIS MEDICINE?
Just like other NSAIDs, the lowest effective dose should be used for the shortest possible time.
- Orally, preferably with food.
Adults and Adolescents older than 14 years: 1 tablet every 8 hours as needed or as directed by a doctor
For the relief of dysmenorrhea and premenstrual syndrome (PMS): 1 tablet every 8 hours while symptoms persist (“period pains” and other associated symptoms) or as directed by a doctor.
Do not take this medicine continuously for more than 10 days unless directed by a doctor.
- Lithium: increased risk of lithium toxicity
- Methotrexate: increased risk of methothrexate toxicity
- Prednisone, Prednisolone, Citalopram, Sertraline: increased risk of stomach bleeding
- Ciclosporin, Tacrolimus:: increased risk of kidney damage
- Ofloxacin, Levofloxacin, Norfloxacin, Ciprofloxacin and other fluoroquinolones: increased risk of convulsions
(Precautions) Allergic disorders, coagulation defects; renal, cardiac or hepatic impairment, porphyria. Pregnancy & lactation. Elderly
(Adverse Reactions) GI discomfort, nausea, diarrhea, anorexia, peptic ulcer, dizziness, nervousness, drowsiness, insomnia, blurred vision, eye irritation, renal impairment, urticaria, rash.
Disclaimer: The contents of this site are for information purposes only and should not be construed as a susbtitute for professional medical advice. For diagnosis, treatment and prescription, consult your physician and other healthcare providers. Carefully read all product labels and packaging prior to use.