CEFALEXIN Ritemed Zelexin 500 milligrams
Generic Name: CEFALEXIN
Brand Name: Ritemed Zelexin
Dosage Strength: 500 milligrams
Dosage Form: Capsule
WHAT IS THE MEDICINE USED FOR?
- For the treatment of the following infections caused by susceptible microorganisms:
- Skin and skin structure infections
- Bone and joint infections
- Genitourinary tract infections, including acute prostatitis
- Respiratory tract infections including acute and chronic bronchitis and infected bronchiectasis
- Ear, nose and throat infections including otitis media, mastoiditis, sinusitis, follicular tonsillitis, and pharyngitis
- Dental infections
HOW MUCH AND HOW OFTEN SHOULD YOU USE THIS MEDICINE?
- Cefalexin is administered orally.
- Usual Adult Dose: 250 mg every 6 hours (Maximum Dose: 4 g/day)
- Hypersensitivity to Cefalexin or any ingredient in the product
- Alcohol: avoid drinking alcohol while taking this medicine
- Probenecid: as with other bet-lactam antibiotics, the renal excretion of Cefaclor is inhibited by probenecid
- Aminoglycosides (Streptomycin, Kanamycin, Gentamicin): may increase the risk of kidney toxicity
(Precautions) Allergic reactions. Prolonged use may give rise to pseudomembranous colitis. Renal impairment. Colitis
(Adverse Reactions) CDAD & colitis/pseudomembranous colitis frequently accompanied by fever & leukocytosis. Generalized mild to moderate morbilliform-like & vesiculobullous rashes, urticaria, pruritus, fever, hypotension, anaphylactoid reactions. Jaundice, hepatic damage, transient increases in serum bilirubin, alkaline phosphatase, ALT, AST, BUN. Leukopenia, eosinophilia, thrombocytopenia, agranulocytosis, leukocytoclastic angiitis.
Disclaimer: The contents of this site are for information purposes only and should not be construed as a susbtitute for professional medical advice. For diagnosis, treatment and prescription, consult your physician and other healthcare providers. Carefully read all product labels and packaging prior to use.