CLOPIDOGREL Ritemed 75 milligrams
Generic Name: CLOPIDOGREL
Brand Name: Ritemed
Dosage Strength: 75 milligrams
Dosage Form: Film-coated Tablet
WHAT IS THE MEDICINE USED FOR?
For the prevention of atherosclerotic events in patients with:
- History of recent myocardial infarction (within a few days until less than 35 days from occurrence), recent ischemic stroke (from 7 days until less than 6 months) or established peripheral arterial disease.
- Non-ST segment elevation acute coronary syndrome (unstable angina/ non-Q wave MI) including patients who are managed medically with percutaneous coronary intervention (with or without stent) or coronary artery bypass graft (CABG)
It is given prophylactically as an alternative to aspirin in patients at risk of thromboembolic disorders such as myocardial infarction, peripheral arterial disease and stroke.
HOW MUCH AND HOW OFTEN SHOULD YOU USE THIS MEDICINE?
Recent MI or stroke, or established peripheral arterial disease
Recommended Dose: Orally, 75 mg once daily with or without food
Prophylaxis of thromboembolic events
Usual Dose: Orally, 75 mg once daily
Non-ST-segment elevation acute coronary syndrome (unstable angina / non-Q-wave MI)
Initiate a single 300 mg loading dose and then continue at 75 mg once daily in combination with Aspirin.
A higher bleeding risk was associated with combined use of clopidogrel and aspirin. It is recommended that physicians monitor their patients through clinical and laboratory evaluation.
Or, as prescribed by a physician.
- Alcohol: increased risk of extreme blood pressure lowering
- Phenobarbital, Morphine: increased risk of extreme blood pressure lowering
- Metoprolol Atenolol, Bisoprolol: increased risk of extreme blood pressure lowering
(Precautions) Thrombocytopenic purpura. Platelet disorders &/or increased risk of bleeding eg PUD, trauma or surgery, severe hepatic & renal impairment. Discontinue use 5 days prior to elective surgery. Pregnancy & lactation. Childn.
(Adverse Reactions) GI, CV, CNS, dermatologic, endocrine-metabolic, hematologic, resp, neuromuscular & skeletal disorders. Serum sickness, UTI, cystitis, hematuria; abnormal liver function test, fatty liver, acute liver failure, hepatitis; cataract, conjunctivitis, ocular hemorrhage; flu-like syndrome, ischemic necrosis, menorrhagia, hypersensitivity, taste disorder.
Disclaimer: The contents of this site are for information purposes only and should not be construed as a susbtitute for professional medical advice. For diagnosis, treatment and prescription, consult your physician and other healthcare providers. Carefully read all product labels and packaging prior to use.