Mefenamic Cap 250mg (MEGALIN)-100
It is indicated for the relief of mild to moderate pain including headache, dentail pain, and dysmenorrhoea, in musculoskeletal and joint disorders such as osteoarthritis and rehumatoid arthritis, in mennorhagia, and in children with fever and juvenile idiopathic arthritis.
Dosage and Administration:
One to two capsules three times daily or as prescribed by a physician. Treatment should not exceed seven days.
1. Bleeding stomach ulcers, Stop taking NSAID if there is burning stomach pain, black bowel movements or bloody coffee ground vomiting.
2. Liver impairment the signs of which include nausea, vomiting, tiredness, loss of appetite, jaundice (yellow coloring of skin and eyes), flu-like symptoms and dark urine. If these happen stop taking NSAID.
3. Kidney problems. Stop taking this NSAID if there is worsening of kidney problem.
4. Fluid retention in the body and swelling. Fluid retention may occur and potentially serious if there is high blood pressure or heart failure.
5. Do not take this medicine if you are allergic to aspirin. Consult your doctor if you have: Heart problems, high blood pressure, stomach ulcers or stomach bleeding, asthma, allergy to aspirin or other NSAID, renal problem. If you are pregnant or trying to be pregnant or are breastfeeding – consult your physician or healthcare professional.
Disclaimer: The contents of this site are for information purposes only and should not be construed as a susbtitute for professional medical advice. For diagnosis, treatment and prescription, consult your physician and other healthcare providers. Carefully read all product labels and packaging prior to use.