Consult with your doctor before taking vitamin E if you have any of the following conditions:
- Anemia (low red blood cells)
- A bleeding or blood clotting disorder such as hemophilia
- Liver disease
- Kidney disease
- Any allergies
- Retinitis pigmentosa (eye disorder)
- A vitamin k deficiency
- High cholesterol or triglycerides
- History of cancer
- History of stroke or blood clot
- In need surgery or have recently had surgery
It is not clear whether vitamin E capsules will harm an unborn baby. Consult with your doctor prior to taking Vitamin E capsules if you are pregnant. It is also unclear if this supplement can come out through your breast milk. Do not take vitamin E capsules without telling your doctor you are currently breastfeeding.
Do not use this medication if you are allergic to acetaminophen or paracetamol.