Having a healthy and balanced lifestyle means that you are getting the right amount of exercise, receiving a good amount of vitamins and minerals, and having a well-balanced diet. Eating healthy is one of the biggest keys to maintaining a healthy lifestyle, just like how the biggest keys to warding off sickness in the Philippines is with generic medicines.
Many people turn to a vegetarian diet, which means eating more fruits and vegetables and removing meat from your regular diet. For those who are just starting out with this new lifestyle, removing meat can be a very challenging task. To help you get started, here are some great meatless recipe ideas for your vegetarian diet.
Skinny Fettuccine Alfredo
The classic Fettuccine Alfredo is one of the most popular pasta dishes around, being a staple dish in Italian-themed restaurants. Despite the richness and goodness, some people may find it too heavy for their tastes. This version of the classic pasta dish still retains the rich and creamy flavor, but in a lighter package that wouldn’t make you feel guilty of breaking your diet.
- ¼ Teaspoon Garlic powder
- 2 Tablespoons Full cream
- 2 Tablespoons Unsalted butter
- 2 Tablespoons All-purpose four
- 8 Ounces of Fettuccine
- ¼ Cup Parmesan cheese
- 2 Ounces Neufchatel cheese
- Salt and pepper
- 2 Tablespoons Fresh parsley leaves
- 1 Cup of Milk
- Cook pasta in boiled water. Once cooked, drain the pasta
- For the sauce, begin by melting butter over the saucepan and whisk with butter for one minute. Whisk in the milk for 1 to 2 minutes, then stir in the full cream and garlic powder for another minute.
- Stir in the cheeses for 1 to 2 minutes until melted. Season with salt and pepper.
- Once finished, stir sauce in pasta
- Immediately serve, recommended with garnished parsley
Warm Eggplant and Goat Cheese Sandwich
For sandwich lovers, this is the recipe for you. Most sandwich recipes have meat as one of their main ingredients. But since we’re talking about vegetarian meals, this blend of vegetables and goat cheese would be able to satisfy you in the same way regular sandwiches do.
- 2 Tomato Slices
- 2 Sandwich Rolls
- 1 Cup of Arugula
- 1 Teaspoon Olive Oil
- 2 Slices of Eggplant
- Goat Cheese
- ¼ Teaspoon of Salt
- ¼ Teaspoon of Black Pepper
- Preheat oven to 275C
- Cook the eggplant over a pan with olive oil for 5 minutes, season with salt and black pepper.
- Spread goat cheese over the sandwich rolls. Bake the rolls in the oven for around 8 to 10 minutes.
- Remove sandwich rolls from the oven, place the eggplant slices, along with the tomato slice, and the arugula.
One of the staple noodle dishes in any Japanese or Korean restaurant, ramen is one of the most popular dishes in Asia. Good news is, you don’t need to go to an Asian restaurant for quality ramen, because with the right ingredients, you can make your own at home. While traditional ramen has beef as one of their main ingredients, this recipe replaces them with some delicious vegetables and a nice amount of seasoning.
- 3 Packs of Yaki-Soba Noodles
- 2 large eggs
- 4 Ounces or Shiitake Mushrooms
- 2 Tablespoons of Chopped Chives
- 1 Carrot
- 3 Cups of Baby Spinach
- 1 Tablespoon Olive Oil
- 4 Cloves of Minced Garlic
- 1 Tablespoon of Soy Sauce
- 4 Cups of Chicken Broth
- 1 Tablespoon of Grated Ginger
- Boil eggs for 1 to 2 minutes. Peel and halve after boiling.
- Heat olive oil in medium heat. Add garlic and ginger, then stir for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Whisk in the chicken broth, soy sauce, mushrooms, along with 3 cups of water. Stir and heat until boiling for 10 minutes
- Stir in the Yaki-Soba noodles inside the mixture until it softens for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Stir in spinach, carrots, and chives for minutes
- Serve Immediately, and add the eggs
Here are a few healthy meatless dishes you should try at home. These dishes would provide you with delicious flavors and a good amount of satisfaction for your vegetarian diet.