|Suppressants reduce coughing fits caused by pollution or dirt particles that irritate and inflame the throat.|
|Expectorants loosen phlegm in the nose and throat so it can be pushed out easier. The most common example of this is guaifenesin.|
|Topical remedies can be applied to the nose, throat, and temple of a person to provide relief for both cough and colds.|
|Lozenges are orally ingested medicines that reduce inflammation brought about by infections in the nose and throat.|
|Steam inhalation medication uses remedies such as camphor and menthol in gas form that give comfort to patients suffering from runny noses.|
|Nasal sprays reduce swelling of the nasal passages caused by sinusitis, allergies, and other related sicknesses when taken through the nose.|
|Acetylcisteine 200mg Granules||per sachet||P17.25|
|Acetylcisteine Tab 600mg Effervescent||per tab||P37.50|
|Ambroxol Cap 75mg (SOLVOMAX)||per cap||P22.00|
|Ambroxol Drops 6mg/mL (MUCOSOLVE)||15 mL Bot.||P27.00|
|Ambroxol Syrup 15mg/5mL (MUCOSOLVE)||60 mL Bot.||P28.00|
|Ambroxol Syrup 30mg/5mL (MUCOSOLVE)||60 mL Bot.||P33.00|
|Ambroxol Tab 30mg (MUCOSOLVE)||per tab||P1.00|
|Bromhexine HCL syrup 4 mg/5mL (MUCOHEX)||60 mL Bot.||P30.00|
|Bromhexine HCL tab 8 mg (MUCOHEX)||per tab||P0.75|
|Butamirate Citrate Syrup 120mL||per bottle||P138.00|
|Butamirate Citrate Tab 50mg||per tab||P10.75|
|Carbocisteine cap 500 mg (CISFLEM)||per cap||P2.50|
|Carbocisteine drops 50 mg/mL (CISFLEM)||15 mL Bot.||P28.00|
|Carbocisteine syrup 100 mg/5mL||60 mL Bot.||P31.00|
|Carbocisteine syrup 125 mg/5mL||60 mL Bot.||P28.00|
|Carbocisteine syrup 250 mg/5mL||60 mL Bot.||P37.00|
|Dextromethorphan HBr syrup 10 mg/5 mL||60 mL Bot.||P31.00|
|Dextromethorphan HBr tab 10 mg||per tab||P1.75|
|Dichlorobenzyl Alcohol + Amymetacresol||per Lozenge (1 pc)||P3.00|
|Dichlorobenzyl Alcohol + Amymetacresol Orange Flavor||per Lozenge (1 pc)||P3.00|
You might wake up one day and notice that you’re coughing, your nose is running, your voice is hoarse, and your throat hurts. Today, cough and colds remain to be the most common illness among people. Medicine for cough and colds are continuously in high demand as well.
It is the most frequently occurring viral infection globally. Moreover, it is the major reason for hospital checkups and missed days from work and school. Every year, adults get about 2-3 colds, and children catch it more often.
Cough and colds can last for approximately a week. However, some symptoms can last for several weeks. Despite the symptoms being viewed only as irritating ailments, one must not overlook them. These may indicate an upcoming high fever or other more serious conditions such as bacterial infections or influenza.
Symptoms of Cough and Colds
- Stuffy Nose or Nasal Congestion
- Sore Throat
- Voice Hoarseness
- Low-Grade Fever
- Loss of Appetite
Causes of Cough And Colds
Coughing spells can be caused by either of these two: 1) congestion of phlegm in the chest and throat that is too thick to be expelled or 2) irritants such as dirt particles and pollutants that are inhaled via the nose or throat.
On the other hand, colds are caused by a build-up of mucus in the nose as a defense mechanism to get rid of a virus or bacteria on the onset.
If you find yourself with these symptoms, it may be time to buy medicine for cough and colds.
Choose The Generics Pharmacy For The Best Medicines For Cough And Colds
With the aim of providing better access to quality, affordable drugs, and health information, The Generics Pharmacy is offering medicines for cough and colds in stores nationwide.
For dealing with cough, we have suppressants, expectorants, and topical medicine. As for colds, we have medication for steam inhalation and nasal sprays, just to name a few. If it so happens that symptoms persist, it will be best to take medicines for fever and muscle pain as well.
Besides getting plenty of rest and drinking plenty of fluids, it’s best to take over-the-counter medicine for cough and colds. There is a wide variety of cold and cough medicines, and some have different functions too. Read on to learn more about this.
Additional Tips To Help Your Cough And Colds
- Read The Label Carefully
- Before taking these prescriptions, remember to ask your pharmacists about the recommended dosage. Moreover, read the box labels carefully. A number of cold and cough medicines contain the same active ingredients. Taking too many of the same ingredients may lead to other side effects.
- Strengthen Your Immune System
- You may not notice it but everyone’s experience of cough and colds is slightly different from others. This is because some people have a stronger immune system that is primarily responsible for eliminating viral and bacterial infections from the body. Aside from treating the symptoms with medicines, boosting your immune system is the best way to help you feel better faster. Consume vitamins regularly. While it’s true that it won’t prevent you from catching cough and colds in the first place, it may lessen the duration and severity of your condition.
- Get Plenty of Rest
- Try to make sure you are getting enough sleep. Individuals who get less than seven hours of sleep daily are much more likely to catch cough and colds. In addition, don’t allow yourself to experience high levels of stress. Burnout and not getting enough sleep suppresses the opportunity to boost your immune system.
- Maintain A Healthy Diet
- The human body is filled with complex systems. To help your body function to its maximum potential, be sure to consume healthy foods such as fruits and vegetables. Good nutrition is vital for people who want to have a healthy lifestyle. It improves your body’s resilience to cough and colds as well.
The Generics Pharmacy: The Best Cough and Colds Medicine Provider
Medicine for cough and colds are offered by all The Generics Pharmacy branches across the nation. With over 13 years of experience in the pharmaceutical industry, we provide both high-quality generic medicines.