Karamihan ng mamamayang Pilipino ay nangangailangan ng gamot sa highblood. Malimit ito nakikita sa mga nakatatanda at pati na rin sa mga matataba. Ngunit, ano ba talaga ang pagkakaroon ng high blood pressure? Isa ba itong malalang sakit o hindi? Upang maintindihan nating ng mas maiigi ang naidadala ng highblood, kailangan muna natin malaman kung ano ang blood pressure at ang ibig sabihin nito para sa ating katawan.
Basically speaking, blood pressure is the measure of force that your heart applies to pump blood around your body. Every time that your heart beats, it applies this force. The blood then goes around your body to give the energy and oxygen that it needs. As it moves, it pushes against the sides of the blood vessels.
When your blood pressure is too high, it puts a strain on your arteries and your heart. This leads to some complications such as heart attacks and strokes.
Para mas maintintindihan ang blood pressure, kailangan mo rin maintindihan ang ibig sabihin ng mga numerong nakukuha sa pagkuha nito.
Kapag kinukuha ang iyong blood pressure, maglalagay ang doktor o ang nars ng banda sa iyong kamay at susukatin ang iyong blood pressure gamit ito.
The blood pressure reading is given in millimeters of mercury (mm Hg). That means there are two numbers. The first one measures the pressure in your arteries when your heart beats. This is also called as systolic pressure. The second one measure the pressure in your arteries between beats also referred to as diastolic pressure. When read, it will go like this: 120 (systolic pressure) / 80 (diastolic pressure).
There are four categories in which your blood pressure should fall in. Only one of them is acceptable, and the other three usually indicates health problems. Those categories include:
- Normal Blood Pressure. 120 mm Hg /80mm Hg and below is normal.
- Elevated Blood Pressure. Ranges from 121 – 129 mm Hg / 80 mm Hg. This usually gets worse over time unless the appropriate steps are done to take control of the blood pressure.
- Stage 1 Hypertension. 130 -139 mm Hg / 80 -89 mm Hg.
- Stage 2 Hypertension. 140 m Hg / 90 mm Hg or higher.
Kakailanganin mo ng gamot sa highblood simula sa ikalawang puntos—lalo na kapag hindi na ito bumababa. Hindi lang gamot ang makakatulong sa highblood. Marami ka ring pwedeng gawing pagbabago sa iyong pamumuhay upang gawing normal muli ang iyong blood pressure.
Tandaan, ang high blood pressure ay malimit na may kaugnayan sa pagkakaroon ng hindi malusog na pamumuhay. Lalo na kapag ika’y naninigarilyo, malimit uminom, pagging masyadong matimbang o kaya naman hindi pageehersisyo. Kaya kahit hindi pa lumalabas ang mga sintomas ng pagkakaroon ng high blood pressure, basta ba ganito ka mamuhay ay kailangan mong maghanda na labanan agad ito!
Symptoms of High Blood Pressure
High blood pressure as an illness is commonly referred to as a silent killer. It’s one of those illnesses that don’t necessarily have a very obvious sign aside from regularly checking up on them. To add context to this, almost one-third of the people that have high blood pressure don’t know that they have it. The only time that they’ll discover that they have high blood pressure is through regular checkups.
Keep in mind that everyone needs to be well aware of the dangers of high blood pressure. Everyone is susceptible to getting this illness, especially those that have close relatives that have high blood pressure.
Subalit lumalabas ang mga sintomas kapag ang iyong blood pressure ay masyado ng mataas. Kapag umabot ka na sa 180/120 mm Hg, matatawag na ito na Hypertensive crisis—isang Malala na medical emergency. Ang ilan sa mga sintomas na lalabas ay ang mga sumusunod:
- Severe Headaches
- Fatigue or Confusion
- Blurred or Double Vision
- Chest Pains
- Heart Palpitations / Irregular Heartbeat
- Blood in Urine
Para naman sa mga bata:
- Ang mga binanggit sa itaas; at
- Bell’s Palsy – ang pagkawala ng control sa mga muscles sa kalahati ng mukha.
Para naman sa mga bagong panganak:
- Respiratory Distress
Kapag nararanasan mo ang mga sintomas na ito, inirerekomenda na kumonsulta agad sa doktor. Ang pagkakaroon nito ng biglaan ay maaring magresulta sa atake sa puso o stroke. Kapag hindi ito naagapan, maari din ito makadulot ng sakit sa mata at sa bato.
Upang maiwasang lumala o tumaas ang iyong blood pressure, maiging magpacheckup ng madalas. Para sa mga taong matino naman ang blood pressure, ugaliing magpacheckup ng kahit isang beses lamang sa loob ng lumang taon. Kapag mas malaki naman ang panganib na magkaroon ka nito, isang beses kada taon ang mas magandang kadalasan nito.
Causes of High Blood Pressure
There are two types of high blood pressure: Primary hypertension and Secondary hypertension. Primary hypertension doesn’t necessarily stem from a specific cause, but it does gradually manifests over a period of time—usually years.
Secondary hypertension, on the other hand, appears when a particular condition forces your blood pressure to rise. This usually leads to higher blood pressure than primary hypertension. This kind of high blood pressure is caused by various kinds of conditions and medications. Though some of them are completely temporary, others can either be existing medical conditions or dangerous diseases themselves.
Some of the factors that lead to secondary hypertension include the following:
- Sleep Apnea
- Kidney Problems
- Adrenal Gland Complications (tumors)
- Thyroid Problems
- Blood vessel defects that you’re born with
- Particular Mediations (birth control pills, cold remedies, decongestants, pain relievers, some prescription drugs
- Illegal drugs
Aside from these conditions, there are a few more risk factors that contribute to the development of high blood pressure.
- Age. The older you get, the higher the chances that you get a high blood pressure.
- Family History. People that have relatives, particularly their parents and grandparents, have higher chances of developing high blood pressure.
- Obesity. The heavier you are, the more blood you need to supply oxygen and nutrients to your body. The more blood you have, the stronger your blood pressure should be.
- Physical Inactivity. Not only does this usually lead to becoming overweight, but it also results in increased heart rates. Higher heart rates mean your heart must work with each contraction and the stronger the force applied on your arteries.
- Too Much Alcohol. Basically, the more alcohol you take in, the higher the chances that it will affect your heart.
Of course, this list is incomplete as there are a plethora of other factors that can play a large role in affecting your high blood pressure. These are just five of the most common factors.
Different Medicine for High Blood Pressure
Maraming gamot sa highblood. Ang maganda dito, mayroong iba-ibang gamot na gumagana para sa iba-ibang kalagayan. Naririto ang apat sa pinakakilalang gamot sa highblood pati narin kung paano sila gumagana.
- Angiotensin-Converting Enzyme (ACE) Inhibitors. These medicinal drugs which include lisinopril (Zestril), benazepril (Lotensin), and captopril (Capoten) all help relax the blood vessels by blocking the formation of natural chemicals that narrow them. This doubles as another beneficial medicine for people with chronic kidney disease.
- Angiotensin II Receptor Blockers (ARBs). These medicinal drugs include candesartan (Atacand) and losartan (Cozaar). It works similarly with the previous one, however, instead of blocking the formation, this works by blocking the action itself.
- Calcium Channel Blockers. Medicinal drugs such as amlodipine (Norvasc) and diltiazem (Cardizem, Tiazac) help relax the muscles of your blood vessels and some of them also slow down your heart rate.
- Thiazide Diuretics. Often referred to as water pills, these act on your kidneys and help your body eliminate sodium and water—resulting in a reduction of blood volume.
These are often the first choice in high blood pressure medication. Medicinal drugs include chlorthalidone and hydrochlorothiazide (Microzide)
Syempre, hindi lang naman ang apat na ito ang gamot sa highblood. Sa katunayan maaring magbigay pa ang iyong doktor ng ilang mga gamot upang makatulong sa iyong pagpapagaling mula sa high blood pressure.
- Alpha Blockers. These reduce nerve impulses to blood vessels—thus also decreasing the effects of the natural chemicals that narrow down the blood vessels. Alpha blockers include doxazosin (Cardura) and prazosin (Minipress).
- Alpha-beta Blockers. In addition to the effects of alpha blockers, these also slow down the heartbeat to reduce the amount of blood that is pumped through your blood vessels. They include carvedilol (Coreg) and labetalol (Trandate).
- Beta Blockers. These reduce the workload of your heart and open your blood vessels. This then causes your heart to beat slower and with less force. These include acebutolol (Sectral) and atenolol (Tenormin). Beta blockers are better when paired with other medication.
- Aldosterone Antagonists. This drug blocks off the effect of a natural chemical that can lead to salt and fluid retention—conditions that can contribute to high blood pressure. Medicines include spironolactone (Aldactone) and eplerenone (Inspra).
- Central-acting agents. These medications function through preventing your brain from signaling the nervous system to increase your heart rate and narrow your blood vessels. Central-acting agents include clonidine (Catapres, Kapvay), guanfacine (Intuniv, Tenex) and methyldopa.
Importanteng maintindihan na maaaring magbigay ang doktor mo ng kombinasyon ng dalawang mababang dosage na gamot sa highblood imbis na maramihang dosage ng isang gamot. ito ay para mabawasan ang dami ng medisinang kakailanganin mo. Pagdating sa gamot sa highblood, mas magandang mahanap ang pinaka epektibong kombinasyon ng medisina upang mabilis ito mapagaling.
Lifestyle Changes to Help with High Blood Pressure
Ang pagkakaroon ng high blood pressure ay pang matagalang sakit. Kapag lumabas na ito, kakailanganin mo na itong bantayan at kontrolin. Oo, maraming gamut na makakatulong kontroling ang iyong blood pressure, ngunit mahal ang mga ito, at hindi lahat ay kaya itong sustentohin.
It’s way better for you to alter your lifestyle in order to prevent and maintain normal blood pressure levels. This will cost less and most of the time, be more sustainable. This doesn’t mean, however, that you can fully replace medicine with these lifestyle changes, but they will help in even the slightest way possible.
When you get the required amount of physical activity a day, your body will always be fit or at least physically healthy. And when you have a healthy body, your chances of having high blood pressure is lowered tremendously.
This then doubles in relevance when you work out to lose fats and weights and succeeding in preventing yourself from becoming overweight. Remember, the bigger you are, the stronger your heart will pump blood in order to reach your whole body.
Eating a Healthy Diet
Aside from regular exercise, it’s extremely important to keep track of what you eat. For example, eating a diet that’s rich in whole grains, fruits and vegetables, and low-fat dairy products can lower your blood pressure by around 10mm Hg when you have high blood pressure.
With the right diet, you’ll be able to take care of your whole body—resulting in lower chances of high blood pressure, or better control of it.
Monitor Your Blood Pressure at Home
Tulad ng nasabi sa itaas, lalabas lang ang sintomas ng high blood pressure kapag malala na ito. Kaya naman bago mo pa simulang kailanganin ang mga gamot sa highblood, mas magandang bantayan mo na ng maaga ang iyong blood pressure. Madali lang makahanap at makabili ng kagamitan upang sukatin ito, at maraming mga nars at doctor na magtuturo sainyo kung paano ito gamitin—lalo na’t kailangan niyo ito.
The Generics Pharmacy: Control Your Blood Pressure with the Right Medication
Ang gamot sa highblood ay binibigay agad kapag malala na ang iyong blood pressure. Ngunit hindi lahat ay may kayang makabili ng mga branded na ito. Buti nalang sa tulong ng TGP, mas pinadali ang pagpapalaganap ng mga generic na gamot sa buong bansa.
High blood pressure should not be taken lightly. When it’s ignored, there’s a high chance that it can lead to more dangerous illnesses. If you think that you’re in risk of getting high blood pressure, find ways to control it and lessen it down to normal.
If you already have high blood pressure, then the best thing that you can do is to consult your doctor in order to identify the best medicine for highblood for you.
Kailangan mo rin ba ng murang gamot sa highblood, gamot sa diabetes, gamot sa uti, o gamot sa iba pang sakit? Pumunta na sa pinakamalapit na TGP sa inyo o kaya naman bisitahin ang aming website! Click here!